All applicants to the UCSF Abdominal Transplant Fellowship Program must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Completed a general surgery residency program by the date his/her fellowship begins
Please see our FAQ page for additional information about applicant eligibility. Fellows will be selected through the Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship Match operated by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The UCSF Abdominal Transplant Fellowship Program accepts one to two candidates each year. Although we have a specific deadline for each application cycle, inquiries are accepted throughout the year. It is your responsibility, as the applicant, to make sure that your file is complete.
For the AY 2017-2019 program, the application deadline is Monday, February 1, 2016.
February 1, 2016
Application deadline for June 2017 NRMP Match
Early March 2016
Candidates selected for interviews
Candidate interviews at UCSF - Date(s) to be determined
June 15, 2016
NRMP Match Day
Online Application Form
Please CLICK HERE to access and submit the online application.
The following materials will be required to complete your online application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement – Two-page maximum
- Recommendation letters – Minimum of two (2) and maximum of four (4)
- Attachment uploads: The system can only accept .pdf documents as attachment uploads. Please make sure that all .pdf documents are unlocked and unprotected. MS Word documents or any other forms of submission other than .pdf will not be accepted and will cause your application to be rejected in error. If you have issues with attachment uploads, please e-mail Program Coordinator at Eileen.Chu@ucsf.edu..
- Recommendation letters: After submission of your application, you will be provided with a link for your recommenders to upload their letters directly.
- Save and return: You can save and return to an incomplete application form within 30 days. To save your application, click the "Save Answers and Resume Later" link. To resume your application, you must save the unique URL that will be given to you. You must return to your unique URL to resume your application within 30 days or your answers will be discarded.
- Final submission: Once you click “Submit,” you will not be able to modify your application, so please be sure that the information you enter is accurate and that all of your required documents are properly uploaded as .pdf attachments. If you need to make any changes after your final submission, please e-mail Program Coordinator at Eileen.Chu@ucsf.edu.
- All information provided will be verified and you may be required to submit additional documentation for your application to be considered.
For Further Information
Transplant Fellowship Coodinator